Skip to the content
What are my publishing options?
Types of Publishing
- Agent/Author a submit proposal
- If accepted, the publishing company buys rights and pays the author in advance.
- The publishing company funds and controls, editing, formatting, design, distribution, etc.
- Once the publishing company recoups the author’s advance, the author can begin collecting royalties.
- Hiring a publicist to promote your book.
- Some publishing companies will market your book but not all.
- As a self-published author, you are responsible for the full production of your book.
- Writing, editing, formatting, design, marketing, printing, and distribution.
- You will not undertake all the responsibilities personally, however, you will oversee and fund the process.
- Risk & Responsibilities